Hockey Jersey FAQ's
Q: What does the AK on the jersey stand for?
A: AK stands for Athletic Knit. We are a proud supply of Athletic Knit's products. They have been in business since 1962 and are the uniform suppler to the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL) professional league, among many others.
Q: How do I know what size to order?
A: Please visit our Athletic Knit (AK) Jersey sizing page.
Q: Do you offer pro jerseys with logos, like the Boston Bruins?
A: No, we only sell blank jerseys as we are not the officially licensed vendor that can use NHL and other professional league's trademarked and copyrighted logos, images and artwork. We can however customize those team color blanks into your own custom jersey with your team's logo, numbers and names on them.
Q: Do you offer customization?
A: Yes, we do our jersey customization direct through Athletic Knit
Q: What type of customization do you offer?
A: We offer the following?
- Screen Print: Logos, numbers, names are silk screened directly onto garments using ink and then cured using heat.
- Sublimated on Twill: Logos, numbers, names are sublimated or dyed directly onto polyester twill material and laser cut to size, then sewn onto garments.
- Fully Sublimated: Using heat and pressure, the sublimation process transfers digital images (color patterns, logos, names, numbers) from dye printed transfer papers directly onto the polyester based fabric.
- Tackle Twill: Polyester twill fabric cut and sewn onto garments for logos, numbers or names.
- Embroidery: Automated application of logos or images directly onto garments using stitched thread.
Q: What are the minimums to customize jerseys?
A: The minimum order quantity for customization of jerseys is 12 for first orders and 6 for re-orders.
Q: Why do you not have a jersey customizer on your site?
A: Due to the vast selection of customization options, we are unable to offer a jersey customizer. We ask that you Contact Us with the jersey style you want customized, so that we generate a mock-up and quote for your review.
Q: How much does jersey customization cost?
A: That truly depends on what type of customization you want (screen print, sublimated, tackle twill, etc.) and/or the color and/or stitch counts depending on the customization you choose. Please Contact Us with your customization requests, so that we may provide an accurate quote.
Q: What are the Hockey Jersey care instructions?
- Please wash garments inside out
- Use only cold or lukewarm water when washing
- Use only mild soap and detergent
- Lay flat to dry immediately after washing
- Do not machine dry
- Following these instructions will help guarantee that your garments will look great for years to come
Q: Do you have matching socks and pant shells for custom jerseys?
A: Yes, if your jersey was a stock pattern, we should have a matching stock sock option. If you need help to find the matching socks, please Contact Us. We have stock solid color pant shells, but can also custom manufacturer matching pant shells and socks to your specifications.
Q: What are other names for hockey Jerseys?
A: Sweaters is the most common secondary name for hockey jerseys, as the old time hockey jerseys were wool sweaters worn over the players' gear. Nowadays, jerseys are 100% polyester with no cotton or wool content.