Crescent Moon Silver 9 Mountain Hiking Snowshoes
If you’re new to snowshoeing, then the Crescent Moon Silver 9 Trail Snowshoe is the perfect shoe to begin your snowshoe experience. When just starting out in a new sport, you may want to get your feet wet, so to speak, before you take the plunge and the Silver 9 is the perfect first step. At $189, the Silver 9 is an excellent snowshoe at a price that has real features and benefits—it might be the best beginner’s snowshoe you can buy. The Silver 9 Trail Snowshoe is recommended for both men and women snowshoers up to 195lbs, on trails and most moderate terrain.
The binding on the Silver 9 snowshoes features a cam-locking heel buckle and two over-the-foot cinch buckles which adjust to your foot with a simple pull of the loop. Even in wet, cold conditions, the binding works smoothly and easily because the water-proof materials used in the straps—called hypalon—won’t freeze, stretch or come out of adjustment. The heel-tightening strap adjusts with a simple tug, giving the wearer complete control over how snug the snowshoe should fit. Comfort, control, and ease of use are all a part of the design in the Silver 9 Trail Snowshoe making it the perfect fit for those unfamiliar with the sport.
The teardrop frame is unique to Crescent Moon Snowshoes and allows you to walk with your feet a natural distance apart from each other instead of forcing you to walk with your feet wide apart, like traditionally shaped snowshoes. This makes it easier to navigate and more enjoyable than other snowshoe designs. Having snowshoes that float, maneuver, and track as if you had no snowshoes on will make you want to go out every time it snows! When you’ve fallen in love with snowshoeing, you may want to buy some for your friends and family, like the Silver 10!
- 3.6 lbs/pair Recommended for snowshoers up to 195lbs in all conditions
- 9 x 27, teardrop shaped frame for greater maneuverability than traditional shapes
- Cam locking buckle binding system which provides a perfect performance fit
- 3 aluminum crampon system featuring the intuitive “toe” claw design
- Polished aluminum, welded frame
- Trail Hiking Snowshoes for Men
Crescent Moon Snowshoes are left and right specific – the adjusting buckles will always be on the outside of your foot for easy access.
- Center your foot in the binding before you make any adjustments
- Wrap the heel strap around the back of your foot, through the spring cam buckle and pull on the end of the strap to tighten. Tuck excess strap into the “strap keeper”.
- Pull upward on the loop strap to tighten the harness over your foot until comfortable but snug.
To take off your snowshoes, lift the ends of the over foot buckles and the release lever of the heel strap buckle to loosen straps. Step out of binding.
Please allow 7-10 business days for shipping.
We Also Recommend